B. Information Collection
C. What we collect and why
The information we gather from customers helps us to continually improve the service we offer to you.When you shop with Oceans Best, there are different ways we gather information about you:
- When you register with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address, contact details and, if you place an order, your debit or credit card details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognize you as a registered customer and to fulfill the orders you place with us. Storing this information means you do not need to re-enter these details each time you shop.
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, which means we can create lists of your previous orders to make your shopping experience quicker and more convenient.
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us. This helps us keep track of your likes and dislikes and any problems or concerns you’ve had with our products or services.
- Telephone calls made to us may be recorded for monitoring and quality control purposes.
D. How we use your personal information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used by fresh direct to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- Dealing with orders and accounts for the supply of our goods and services.
- Monitoring and improving the fresh direct web site and our services.
- Planning and managing fresh direct business activities, including analyzing customers’ shopping habits and preferences.
- Enabling third parties to carry out technical, logistical or other functions on our behalf.
- Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
- Providing you with periodic communications (this may be by post, telephone, SMS, email) about features, products, services, events, promotions and special offers. Such communications from Oceans Best might include advertising for or offers from third parties (which we will pass on, on our partner’s behalf. We will never pass your information outside of fresh direct for marketing purposes).
- Enabling a debt collection agency to collect payment from you should that be necessary.
- Preventing and detecting fraud or abuses of our website.
- Allowing us to comply with any requirements imposed on fresh direct by law or court order.
By opening an account with us you agree to us collecting and using your information in this way.
E. When we share your personal information
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we do not sell or rent your information to anyone else to enable them to send you direct marketing unless you agree otherwise. However, there are circumstances where it is necessary for us to share personal information in order for us to provide our customers with the fresh direct delivery service. At all times where we use or disclose your information it will remain secure.The circumstances where we may share some of your information with others are described below:
- Third party service providers - We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf.
- Protection of fresh direct and others - We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, to enforce our Terms and Conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property or safety of fresh direct, our customers or others.
- With your consent - Other than as set out above you will receive notice when information about you may be sent to a third party and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
F. Security and data retention
Security is very important to Oceans Best and we use sophisticated technology to ensure that your information is protected at all times. Secure Socket Layer (“SSL”) encryption technology is used for protection of information in transit for any sensitive transaction. Additional security procedures are in place to protect the confidentiality and integrity of your information.We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when using a shared computer.
G. Identify fraud
Fraudsters create authentic looking, but false or “spoof” websites. Their purpose is to tempt users to enter personal information to be re-used to try and access your bank accounts. Fraudsters are increasingly turning to email to generate traffic to these websites. Recently customers of several financial institutions have received such emails and this activity is only likely to increase. Such emails typically contain a link to a spoof website and advise account holders to enter user names and passwords so that security details can be updated or passwords changed.If you get any email containing an embedded link and a request for you to enter any personal details, treat it as suspicious and do not input any personal information, even if the page appears legitimate. No reputable company ever sends emails of this type.
H. Data over the internet
The internet is a global network – therefore there are cases where your data travels internationally. We want you to know that if you visit or shop with Oceans Best, you’re agreeing and authorizing us to process data this way.
J. Further Information
J.Lun Fisheries (Pvt) Ltd,
No 2, 1st Lane