Chargrilled garlic and chilli cuttlefish
• 700g cuttlefish, cleaned, sliced into 3cm pieces
• 1/3 cup (80ml) extra virgin olive oil
• Finfinely grated zest and juice of 1 lemon, plus extra wedges to serve
• 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
• 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
• 2 tbs flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
• 2 cups watercress sprigs
• Place cuttle fish in a bowl with olive oil, lemon zest, chilli and garlic. Cover with plastic wrap and chill for 2 hours to marinate.
• When ready to cook, preheat barbecue or chargrill pan to high. Season cuttlefish with salt, then barbecue, turning, for 2 minutes or until lightly charred and just cooked through.
• Toss cuttlefish with lemon juice and parsley in a bowl, then transfer to a platter and top with watercress. Serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over.